I have a question for the entire BookBaby community:
How important are reviews for self published books?
In my mind, the answer to this question is VERY! Writers need to know what the readers think, good or bad. As a reader and book consumer, reviews – or lack thereof – are often a big part of my buying process. A high number of good reviews may encourage me to take out the credit card. No reviews? It’s probably not going to happen.
That’s just me – I want to hear what you think! I’m inviting all authors to send me their thoughts about book reviews and how they helped – or hindered – their publishing experiences. My plan is to take the best-of-the-best ideas and report them in future BookBaby blog posts.
I’d like to hear from you!
- Has a great – or terrible – book review affected your book sales?
- Have you considered spending the money for a paid review? Why or why not?
- Did you have a strategy or plan to solicit reviews? Please share.
- Do you have any funny, interesting, or odd stories around reviews of your books?
- Do positive or negative book reviews affect your decision to purchase a book?
I’m looking for any useful information you have about your experience with book reviews so that I can share with our blog readers. Send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include your contact information if I have any follow up questions.
Image via ShutterStock.com.