Free informational resources for independent authors
Hey, how ’bout that? Author Phil Bolsta mentioned the BookBaby Blog in his list of must-follow book marketing websites and blogs.
This list appears in a much longer (and very informative) article from Phil about the process of promoting his book in both printed and eBook formats. Check it out HERE.
If you’re looking for some website recommendations, I’ve excerpted that portion of his article below (taking out the plug for BookBaby — since you’re already here!):
Subscribe to Book Marketing Blogs
The more you study book promotion and expose yourself to fresh ideas, the better off you’ll be. Here are some blogs to start with:
- The Creative Penn: Thoughts on Writing, Publishing and Book Marketing by Joanna Penn. A site for people interested in writing, publishing of all kinds and internet marketing/promotion for their books (in print/eBook or audio format). Click here for Joanna’s list of helpful resources.
- The Savvy Book Marketer. Through her years of publishing experience and degree in marketing, Dana Lynn Smith helps authors learn how to sell more books through her how-to guides, training programs, one-on-one coaching services, blog and newsletter.
- Let’s Get Visible: How to Get Noticed and Sell More Books by David Gaughran, an Irish writer living in London.
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog. A blog dedicated to covering the worlds of book publishing and the news media, revealing creative ideas, practical strategies, interesting stories and provocative opinions. Along the way, discover savvy but entertaining insights on book marketing, public relations, branding, and advertising from Brian Feinblum, a veteran of two decades in the industry of book publishing publicity and marketing.
- Independent Book Marketing Group (IBMG), a blog written by authors and marketing professionals who are dedicated to helping authors sell more books.
Thanks to Phil for including us in that group of resources!
What are your favorite resources for book marketing advice? Let us know in the comments section below.