In a recent article from mental_floss we get to learn all about the incredible eccentricities of 20 great writers. Here’s just a few examples:
* John Cheever stripped down to his undies before writing in the basement of his apartment building.
* Virginia Woolf wrote standing up.
* James Joyce wrote on cardboard with colored crayons.
* Schiller wrote with rotten apples stashed in his desk drawer because the smell “motivated him.”
* Balzac sometimes drank 50 cups of coffee a day.
Sometimes you need to shake the rafters to wake the muse. Other times you just need to do a few jumping jacks in front of the window while naked.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in order to get the inspiration flowing? Did it become a writing habit?Read More...