In the lead up to NanoWriMo, we’ve crafted this incredibly simple but powerful infographic to help you do the little things to stay focused on writing. Print it out and tack it to your wall, make it your laptop wallpaper, or add your own contribution in the comment section. Then stop dawdling and write!

10 tips to help writers stay focused

Share the love. Embed this infographic.

The End

What Really Motivates Your Characters?
How To Write When You’re Not In The Mood – 7 Remedies For Writer’s Apathy
Completing A Novel: A Look At Various Writing Methods
Overcome Your Inner Critic
Radical Revision: Four Ways To Blow Up And Rebuild Your Novel

BookBaby

About BookBaby

BookBaby has written 221 posts in this blog.

BookBaby makes self-publishing easy: From book printing, eBooks, distribution, cover design, and now editing. Since 2011, we’ve helped thousands realize their publishing goals, backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. BookBaby creates and distributes your printed books and eBooks to the largest distribution network, including Amazon, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, and many other popular retailers worldwide.

14 thoughts on “10 Tips to help writers stay focused [Infographic]

1. C T Mitchell says:

what a terrific infographic. Simple but very precise. Loved it

1. M. A. Malcolm says:

Awesome! I am definitely going to print this ! Thank you!

2. Mary Flood says:

Very useful tips and guidlines. Have finished novel but will edit in line with same.

3. Chris says:

Oh no… I couldn’t stick to that, it would drive me nuts. Some of them went right over my head… Trendy gobbledygook that I didn’t have a scooby what was meant. Others were stating the bleeding obvious, while a few of them were too constraining to my ‘pantser’ method of writing.
    As for not ‘editing’ as you go… No! No! No!
    If you need to do enough editing to hold you up, then you need to learn a bit more basic English (or whatever language you work in.) or improve your typing skills.
    I go back and forth through my MS all the time, to set up clues, or backgrounds to plot turns that occur later. Or sometimes to move blocks of text around to improve the flow. I even change a character’s name occasionally (and if you don’t correct ALL of those immediately, you’ll always miss one). Each to their own, I suppose, but it’s just the way that I write.

1. Paul Henry says:

Thank you for the affirmation that I’m ok in doing just that. Pretty much all the reasons you listed for breaking this commandment are mine as well.

4. Nicolas says:

Where ever you are if you feel the inspiration, STOP! and write.

5. Catherine says:

I write, complete the project, then edit. My worst part of writing is reading over….sigh

6. Olga says:

Love it! So concise and visual. Thank you!