Your whole writing career could be changed by attending just one literary conference, book fair, or publishing industry trade show.
Not sure if you should attend a writing conference? Think about this: Whether you sign with an agent after a speed-dating session, have the chance to put your manuscript in the hands of your favorite indie publisher, or participate in a great workshop that helps you finish your next book, these events are all about connecting people to make magic happen.
Here are some tips on how to come prepared:
- How to Prepare for a Literary Festival: A Writer’s Checklist
- Pitching Your Book to an Agent at a Writer’s Conference
- One Writers Conference Can Be All the Catalyst You Need
- It’s All About You: Six Ways to Stand Out at a Writer’s Conference
- How to Sell More Books Through Conference Appearances
- Top Ten Tips for Authors Who Have Booths at Festivals or Book Fairs
Oh! Bring some of those 100 books!
Got any tips to add to this list? Let me know in the comments section below.