Well, these days even established authors are beginning to recognize the benefits of self-publishing.
When you publish independently, you get to:
* keep creative control — YOU have the final say over all creative matters, including your book’s style, tone, subject, organization, cover design, and more.
* publish your book today — Don’t wait two years or more to see your book in print; bypass the querying, book pitching, negotiations, and other hurdles that slow down the traditional publishing process.
* keep full ownership — This means you’ll earn more money per sale (and by using BookBaby Premium, you’ll earn 100% of your net revenue from eBook sales).
* own your direct relationship with readers — In this publishing world where even famous authors are shouldering more and more of the marketing burden for their books, you might as well handle those efforts on your own, right? And when you do, YOU keep the email contacts, social media followers, and friends you earn along the way. An author shouldn’t have to watch while their hard fan-acquisition work gets absorbed into the customer database of some huge publishing house.
* answer to yourself — That’s right: no boss, committee, or shareholders staring over your shoulder! You make the decisions about your writing, publishing, and promotional efforts so they make sense for your life, family, and career.
You now have access to all the tools you need to succeed
The keys to success are no longer in the hands of a few gatekeepers. The power is in your hands. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go it alone and handle everything yourself.
BookBaby is here to help you every step of the way — from editing assistance, to design and layout services, to worldwide eBook distribution, to bookstore-quality short-run printing, to blog creation and hosting tools, to social media marketing advice, to book promotion (press releases, book reviews, etc.)! Check out our complete arsenal of author services at BookBaby.com, and let us help you publish your book independently.