If you’re trying to finish writing a book on a deadline, you’ve probably been full of inspiration, exhilaration, frustration, and despair.
We thought we’d share a handful of our favorite articles on the topic of novel writing, just in case you need a boost!
BookBaby’s top 5 articles on novel writing
- Top 3 Tips for Writing Your First Novel – You’ve finished a dozen good short stories and now you mean business! You’re going to try your hand at a novel. Before you set out into uncharted territory, here are a few things to consider…
- Janet Fitch’s 10 Tips That Can Help Any Writer – From Janet Fitch’s blog. She is the author of White Oleander (picked for Oprah’s Book Club) and Paint It Black.
- Finishing Your Novel: How to Know When Your Book is Done – You’re always going to want to go back and fix something…
- Dangerous Writing: How to Amplify What’s at Stake in Your Novel – Safe writing will sink you. But to take risks in your writing means, of course, that you’re risking failure — and that is scary stuff! Scary, scary, necessary stuff.
- Time Management Tips for Writers on a Deadline – Arbitrary deadlines and a sense of camaraderie with other writers may give someone the nudge they need to get started writing the next great novel.
How are you doing with your writing project? Hit any stumbling blocks yet? Let us know in the comments section below.